Sunday 22 June 2014

What has my heart racing this summer?

I'm not even going to entertain the idea of reviewing Emily Bronte. In fact, to do so would be nothing short of blasphemy. So instead I'm going to rave about the gorgeous cover art instead because lets face it, it is beyond beautiful!

I stumbled across this little gem in Waterstones a month or so ago while shopping, and straight away I knew I had to have it. At first glance I actually thought that it was a graphic novel adaptation of Bronte's stunning novel but when I realised it was in fact, an unabridged copy of Wuthering Heights, and I saw the gorgeous distressed paper inside it had stolen my heart. And my bank balance (ok, slight exaggeration, it wasn't that expensive but still). 

Its stunning cover art is part of a Penguin Classics Deluxe Collection, and they have employed the creative genius that is Ruben Toledo to re-design the covers of the classics in a multitude of different mediums - watercolour, pencil and ink to name but a few.

I'm about half way through at the moment, and this being my first time reading the timeless classic, I am thoroughly enjoying it. 
Normal service will resume shortly however, where I will be reviewing a brilliant summer beach read, stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. There are SO many of the classics that I still havent read... like this one! The cover art is divine, I can absolutely see why you were drawn to it! Hope you enjoy it... even if you dont want to do a full review, a short summary would be nice ;) i come undone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Your blog is pretty interesting. I'm glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your blog very much! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book looks very interesting :)

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete